The 15th Annual Chesterfield Australia Gourmet in Gundy Weekend presented by The Border Rivers Chamber of Commerce Inc was held in Goondiwindi, Qld on September 7 & 8. Again a successful weekend overflowing with events under superb sunny weather conditions.
The Carrington Ginning Goondiwindi Junior Golf Open began on Friday 6th with a Coaching Clinic followed the Lowes Petroleum Shoot Out and BBQ. Over 300 people supported this event at the beautiful Goondiwindi Golf course, many from out of town. Saturday morning 45 juniors competed in the Carrington Ginning Jr Golf Open. Boys category winner Jed Morgan from Haddonvale in a playoff against local entry Joel Stahlhut. Girls’ category winner Keeley Grace Buckley from Dalby and under 8yrs won by Sam Adams from Banora, Qld.
Goondiwindi in Focus Photography Exhibition and Cocktail party was also on at the Community Centre .Winner of the People’s Choice Award was Goondiwindi Deputy Mayor and keen photographer Rick Kearney.
On Saturday Sept 7th the main street in Goondiwindi was buzzing with people shopping and voting at the Federal election. The Tamborine Mt Italian Cooking Classes were on at the Community Centre with guest chef Terri Taylor instructing 25 enthusiastic students .They enjoyed their delicious food over lunch with wine from local Inglewood producer Gowan Brae Estate Wines.
Saturday afternoon the XXXX Gold Goondiwindi Cup Raceday at Gunsynd Park had a terrific attendance and the Goondiwindi Gun Club 2 day Open Shoot had record numbers participate as well.
Gourmet Sunday started at 7am with 5 teams competing in the Sunwater Dragon Boat Races at the Macintyre River Boat ramp and the
Gourmet Food, Wine, Art & Music Festival started at 10am at the Community Centre gardens.
There was a fantastic line up of 30 wonderful food & wine exhibits and this year also included 14 markets stalls inside the Community Centre.
The day included:
• Sunwater Dragon Boat Races on the Macintyre River finals – winner The Great Whites team from Ray White Rural Real Estate Goondiwindi
• Celebrity compare Ashley Palmero from Breeze FM and Band Hoi Polloi played all day
• Gourmet in Focus Photography Exhibit in Community Centre foyer
• Kamilaroi Welcome to Country Opening and the “Bhinawan Dreaming” traditional Indigenous dance
• The Apprenticeship Co Gourmet Best Exhibitor prize was won by exhibit “Miss Delicious” chocolate truffles
• Goondiwindi State High School Gallipoli Fundraiser Installation Art Auction with 21 pieces auctioned by Raine & Horne Leonard & Co Henry Leonard – Proceeds totalled $7200 .A terrific result for this great cause.
• Rinnai BBQ raffle winner was a very happy local, Jason Cowden.
• Best Exhibitor on the day winner – Miss Delicious Chocolates
• Best Marshall St Window Display winner – Pomegranate Passion Cafe
The festival ended by 4pm but many continued their fun at O’Sheas Royal Hotel with more live band music and fun!